Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Drags

Planned on the Jet Care Spring Nationals last weekend. Did Mother Nature cooperate? Noooo, infact I think she was being particularly bitchy. We got there early so we were able to see the kids and a little bit in the Top Sportsman category. I dig the kids in thier little dragsters. Can you imagine being the 10 or11 year old that has thier own dragster? They tried the start & stop thing for a while and we even sat in the car until after 7 waiting for it to clear up. The announcer said his weather forcast said it was going to stop after 7. I'm not sure where his forcast came from but mine said we were going to be dry until 8 and then we were going to probably get wet. I love the Jet cars, Funny cars and all the feature cars but it's the Sportsman & Top Sportsman categories that do it for me. Its really kind of the whole package, the rumble of the engines the building excitement as you get down to the final rounds...... If I could play I would be on that so freaking fast, oh baby! Since there really isn't a snowballs chance in hell of that happening I will be content in taking pictures and attending as many as Mark can tolerate.

No comments: