Friday, July 1, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

It has been such a busy summer so far. Well now that we can call it summer anyway. We've been to the Oval Track, the BMX, the Nito Jam and oh yeah I bought a bike. It is a very sweeeet silver Ninja. The acquisition was a little faster than I thought would happen but we got a smoking deal. Been tooling around the neighborhood and a little with Mark & Ryan for the last 2 weeks and yesterday I took the written test. So now I'm legal, yay! The class is next week and I'm really excited to be all done. I've ridden to work 2 days in a row now and I've found there are a couple things I didn't fully think through. Coffee and helmet head (notice which is the bigger priority?). Not significant problems but things to think about. An other thing I didn't ever think about, licensing. Having purchased all my vehicles through a dealership taxes & licensing is like magic. It just appears all done, there is a little more to it than just showing up with title and check book in hand. Bummer. When I went to take my learners permit test yesterday I thought I'd license it too. I wanted it to be all legal for the weekend end and well, ever one else thought that too I guess. Never fear, my Kindle is near. I just finished the third of Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, but haven't had anytime to read so while at the DMV I was able to jump into the new Stephanie Plum book. Loving it! At one point I laughed so hard the guy next to me moved over a seat. I love mind candy, it's not like I've been reading anything heavy duty anyway but there is something to be said in just loosing your self for a bit in mindless reading. This weekend is the big 4th of July Rodeo in Oakley and some camping. Nice!

No comments: