Thursday, May 31, 2012

Totally dorkness.

As I'm sitting here typing the news is on and the current story was about banning a book in the school library's called In My Mothers House. On the cover is two women and 3 children of varying nationalities. Lets get real folks, get over yourselves, family is whatever your family is. Whoever loves you and that you love. Family can't always be mom, dad and 2.5 children with a white picket fence and a dog. What message are we giving those kids that come from non traditional families? That they don't count? That they are a "family"? What about kids that live with their grand parents, or single parent house holds. Isn't it better to live in a family that has love regardless of who it is than with family that can only be dad, mom, 2.5 kids and a dog?  Speaking of banning books from the library.  That crap around 50 Shades of Gray, if you don't like it or think it is inappropriate DON'T READ IT!!!!  I picked it up, I had to see what the issue was.  When I got it all I actually knew almost nothing, didn't even know the basic premise.  Well, it's not a series I am going to finish, it is really too much for my comfort level.  I don't care who you sleep (or not) with and I don't care how you choose to do it. Just because I am not planning on reading the other two doesn't mean that you shouldn't read any of them.  Leave 'em in the libraries and just don't read it.  Problem solved. 
Fun stuff goin' on.  Well, if your kind of a dork, and I am.  First thing this morning I've got a guy in a Chrysler 300 (heeelllooooo Hemi) that actually worked really hard to try and get me to race.  Yeah, no kidding.  Now I'm not sure what kind of a bad morning he had but if he feels the need to race a girl at 7:30 in the morning  it couldn't have been a good one. I didn't, I would really like to say it is because I would smoke him (in a perfect world) and I didn't need to prove anything (even though I would have smoked his ass).  However, as he was doing this thing I was working really hard not to tip over or anything else to look stupid because that's when it's going to happen.  The real reason I didn't is because I'm a big fat chicken,  I rode on the freeway yesterday and was thrilled, it was almost a major life achievement. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, now you know how i feel about dodge and the mighty "hemi" but yes, you would've kicked his ass :) props to you for refraining though, we dont want bad shit to happen lol. is a damn shame i cant exercise the same self control....i took down a mitsubishi evo8 the nite before hahaha. never understand why anybody would think their car could stand a chance against a superbike.....dumbasses